Underground Storage Tanks
The Bureau of Underground Storage Tank Regulations (BUSTR) mandates specific requirements including permits, containment, monitoring, inspections, and sampling for underground tank removal and closure. We offer Underground Storage Tank (UST) management services ranging from existing tank permit compliance to tank removal and closure. UST removal and closure includes:
- Characterization, removal, and proper disposal of liquid waste from the tank
- Excavation and removal of subsurface structures
- Proper disposal of container
- Collection of soil and/or water samples from excavation and related piping for lab analysis in accordance with the Ohio Administrative Code
- Back-fill, compaction, and repaving of excavation
- Summary of removal activities in a Closure Report for submission to state agencies.
Following the completion of the above activities, a summary of removal activities is provided in a Closure Report for submission to state agencies.